Saturday, July 19, 2008

The "Umkehrflugzeug"

..
..




Funny. An elderly Microlight Flightinstructor called Lola some days ago an "Umkehrflugzeug", verbally translated: A "return-airplane". Not so sure what he ment since he only flies traffic patterns, but I am happy to have an Umkehrflugzeug. Henrik and I flew yesterday at 1pm to Liege (EBLG), landed there 1:10 h later and he returned back to Kassel before I even finished my Cappuccino in 0:48 h. A nice "Umkehr" in a total of 2h where you would need minimum 8h by car or train. So the elderly guy wondered 2h later why Lola returned back to the field. For us: Mission accomplished, but for him maybe too fast to be true...

The warm-front between Kassel and Liege was smooth. Light rain. But visibillity from start until 2000ft when popping out of the clouds absolut zero.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My experience flying Kassel - Liège

German car: 5 hours
French car: 8 hours
ULM: 6 hours - but only when the weather is fine, otherwise I'm stuck for 24+ hours...

I suppose I would be a good candidate to choose an 'umkehrflugzeug'...