Friday, July 25, 2008

Too much traffic for a Friday

Seen that the pilot lies KO in the sofa, I'll need to take over and ensure Lola's trip of the day is written down. In my own words :)

Even though Joerg didn't feel like leaving 'la Belgique' this morning, I convinced him using some of my charm (and the idea of meeting Comanche-guru David which probably did it) to fly to Blackbushe in England to go and see my newborn niece Tamsin.

Leaving Liège went well, even though Brussels kept on repeating they wanted us to climb to FL 180. Joerg used his charm this time and they admitted confusing us with someone else... Tsss...Too much traffic on a Friday morning, I suppose...

My first over-water experience. I kept on checking if the land behind us stayed in sight as long as I didn't see England coming up. Lost it for some minutes, but Lola and I were doing fine.

A lot of clouds once we crossed that English border, a lot of radio talk - I always need to applause Joerg afterwards managing all of these chatterboxes on the radio - and finally a lot of traffic. So much traffic that we even found another plane on our landing strip in Blackbushe. Even the control tower was surprised... But the captain managed brilliantly! And so did Lola.

And while Joerg will enjoy some hangar flying with David - an extreme friendly comanche-guru - tomorrow, I will have a baby-day ;)

No comments: