Wednesday, September 26, 2007

X-Atlantic



Well, flying in San Francisco is clearly something else. Easy but busy. A beautiful round-trip along the Bay-Area is enjoyable - but also quit an excercise for radio communications. If you think Kassel can be busy with all the Microlights in the traffic pattern and Parachuters ... welcome than to the real world in Class B airspace and an incredible amount of iron in the air.

I do miss german radio communications and also Lola´s performance. Those pictures were made from a Cessna C172.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your third photo reminds me of a very early aerial photo of San Fran from 1906:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:San_Francisco_in_ruin_edit2.jpg

nice shot ;)

James

Liesbeth said...

Oh my...
For a second I thought you flew Lola across the Atlantic.

(no idea whether this is überhaupt possible or not)

Michael said...

You lucky one! Flying around the bay area... I remember this :-))
Just sitting at the fair in Basel and waiting for potential customers...
And believe me, the secret of the Swiss is a distortion of time (in slow direction;-))! I estimate a circle of approx. 2 meters around every resident....
Have fun!
Michael